Arken 5x25 vs vortex strike eagle 5x25

284wins

Hi everyone,

Looking for my next rifle scope for hunting and have narrow it down to this 2 scope.

Have nerver look into the arken, not to commond around here.

Would like to here what you think of those 2.

Both in moa, it what im use to

The Arkens are interesting and I have a SH4 6-24x50 on my Ruger American Rimfire. The EP5 are a higher end scope of similar construction. The only drawback I see with these scopes is the weight. They are heavy. Optically I can't say they are great but my SH4 appears to be as good as my Vortex PST Gen 1. The newer EPL5 is a much lighter scope intended for hunting by about 13 oz.

My SH4 with the Navy Seal Combo deal came to $324 at my door so thet included rings. Having only used it on a 22LR I can only say that I love the reticle for benchrest shooting and the scope seems to track very well. As for service, who knows.

I will say that I am temped to purchase a 4-16x50 SH4 for my 223 bolt gun.

I will put the scope on my 308 or my 7mm mag for big game hunting so it got to be clear for low light.

Hope to be able to look into one prior to buying one

I have both the SH4 and ep5. I hunted this year with the sh4 and it did great. Only complaint is it is heavy. The ep5 is going on a new bild I'm doing.

Not familiar with the arken line of scopes but the vortex strike eagle is a great scope. I've hunted with mine for the last three years on my 7mm mag. My biggest gripe is the weight, it's a beast of a scope.

I have a arken sh4 gen 2. I really like it so far it's held zero and tracked fine. The glass is easily as good if not better then my geni vortex pst, my cousin has a sh4 also and compared it to his genii pst and said there's not a lot of difference. It's heavy but I think it would get the job done.