Argentina hunt recommendation?

MTGunner

We are researching outfitters and lodges to hunt Red Stag along with a combined dove shoot for 2012. Interested in perhaps a 7-10 day hunt. Can anyone recommend a good reputable outfitter? Thanks in advance for any input from this fine forum. MTG

Going to revive this one. Did you go to Argentina MT?

IM looking down the road 2020 season. Have been talking with a few outfits. Algar Safaris, High Adventure Company, South American Adventure Safaris.

Im finding you have got to sit down and calculate all the prices and little fees to come up with a grand total. $900 a day sounds insane but then they have small trophy fees and other places are $350 a day with huge trophy fees etc but they work out to around the same price lol.

Some folks have had trouble getting trophies home from Argentina. Great for birds, but more expensive for big game. Check carefully before you go.... Bruce

Hey Bruce can you elaborate. I checked pricing on bringing your trophies home in the airlines checked luggage and nothing was crazy. $175 for antlers and the rest was by weight $50 for 50lbs.

I've had trophies shipped in crates from Africa before. I have a broker close by home. And remeber I'm in Canada.

Thanks Bruce, I know Argentina won't let pumas be exported. Right now I'm just going down for Stag maybe a ram and sheep. I just talked with a reference who told me the Ranch packed all the horns up for the airline. He was there last spring.

And if I remember right it was close to a year to get our african trophies home aswell.

I have been able to bring my trophies back with me from New Zealand and Kyrgyzstan. Saves a lot of time and often a LOT of $$. You also know you have your own trophies. I had not heard of anyone in Argentina that got the trophies prepared for you to take back with you. That would put Argentina back on my radar for a trip in the future. Glad to hear that some are offering that as a option. Very helpful. I had read of the expense and difficulties of others over the last couple of years and decided to cross Argentina off my list of possible destinations.....
You are 100% that African trophies can often take a year. I still don't have mine from May 2015. Mostly due to my PH's negligence..... Bruce

Bruce, we had issues with africa but it was the dip and ship company. Just slow, they blackened all the horns, the shipping tags on each skull were gone and not replaced. Just lack of organization. According to our PH it was the dip and ship was one of the better around. And we did get all our proper trophies.

What Ranchs were you looking at in Argentina. I talked with one that had a 30,000 acre high fence and another 30,000 open land. I don't really want high fence, I want to hunt free range stag and I don't want a bait and switch with a ranch that has both.

I never got far in looking. Just saw some hunt specials on the same forum where others were talking about their difficulties. There are at least 3 there right now. Probably worth looking at. Be sure and give us a hunt report after you go. Best of luck. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.