Another Elk Tag Question

Nugger

Okay, so in a Wyoming elk unit such as 37, there is a general elk season in which both bulls and cows can be legally taken that runs from Oct 15 to Nov 5. But there is also a cow and calf season that runs from Sep 1 to Sep 30, and a season that runs from Oct 1 to Dec 21 in which "unused" type 6 licenses from the previous cow and calf season are valid. What I want to know is by "unused" do they mean tags for that season drawn by hunters which were not filled, or something else? And am I allowed to apply for both the General elk season and cow and calf season? Yes I know these are rookie questions, but when it comes to Wyoming elk hunting and applying for tags I am entirely a rookie and just want to make sure I get everything clear.

The 2nd season is for the unused, unit 37, type 6 tags.
GEN tags are separate from the type 6 tags, and are actually a different draw so yes, you can draw both.

"What I want to know is by "unused" do they mean tags for that season drawn by hunters which were not filled, or something else?"

It means exactly as you stated. If you hunt the first season and don't kill an animal and punch that tag, you can use it for that late season.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.