Advice on P14 / M17 action for build idea

What kind of rifle are you building? It sounds like you are trying for a target or varmint type of rifle and it seems like a lot of effort in a rifle that isn't the easiest to convert to pure accuracy. Good luck on the effort but, personally, I might go for a shorter barrel to gain a little stiffness. If looks means anything (and it usually does) I file the ear off the ejector housing on the Enfields and use a checkering file to checker the end of the housing. I do it to all of my Mausers as well. It works just as good and makes for a sleeker appearance.

What kind of rifle are you building? It sounds like you are trying for a target or varmint type of rifle and it seems like a lot of effort in a rifle that isn't the easiest to convert to pure accuracy. Good luck on the effort but, personally, I might go for a shorter barrel to gain a little stiffness. If looks means anything (and it usually does) I file the ear off the ejector housing on the Enfields and use a checkering file to checker the end of the housing. I do it to all of my Mausers as well. It works just as good and makes for a sleeker appearance.

Your right it is a varmint rifle that I can do a bit of " f " class target shooting as a ***** and giggles. I know to build these for outright accuracy is an effort but I've done Rems and Stillers so on, this is something different. Also chambered in 6.5 Epps something different.
The ears on the back of the action are gone I've also got rid of the strip clip feed rail ad well. So now machine up a pic rail for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.