8mm Remington Magnum

1100 Remington Man

I always wanted the Remington Metric Trifecta, so I went and did it plus one.

6mm Remington
7mm/08
7mm Remington magnum
8mm Remington Magnum

I think i am ready for anything.

(Resurecting an old thread. purely based on my reading as of late. I think my next build.will be an 8remmag)

Small adendum, and this is of course just opinion:
6x47rem
7mm-08
8mm rem mag. I think this trully covers all the bases without including rimfires. But if you wanted to hit every action length, then i clude the 7mag. Jus sayin... :D

(Resurecting an old thread. purely based on my reading as of late. I think my next build.will be an 8remmag)

6x47rem
7mm-08
8mm rem mag. I think this trully covers all the bases without including rimfires. But if you wanted to hit every action length, then i clude the 7mag. Jus sayin... :D
I actually have a 7mm-08 as well

Would love to hear about an 8mm Mag build. Often thought about it.

Well its mostly a pipe dream at this point. But the basics of it are tentativly to be a CZ550 full length action, 27" Krieger 1:10twist stainlessbarrel in either med palma or something close to a number 6-7. Maners mcs t stock and. Bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x42. but alas. Finally.getting into the machine shop ive wanted to work in for a while, i hade to take a 40% pay cut so its will remain a pipe.dream for some time unfortunatly. (As an aside for those that are confused by that, i was.working as inhouse and o ly.machinist.for a.small startup company and tbey paid me well above my experience level, but i ternal.politics forced me to quit. Too mucb bs.) But now.i lo e the small nob shop i work in amd am 10min from home. We may get our ffl soon and if that all goes through, i will post as soon as i get the ok from upstairs.

Back from that ten mile digression, based o. Wbat i have been reading and seeing on tbe forums, the 8 rem mag seems like the pefect "big gun" without dipping in to the african dg calibers. Real shame.that the round never gpt the fame it deserved, we could ha e savages and czs amd sakos and better/more bullets at this point.

The only thing is brass is getting hard to come by. I just stocked up on nosler brass very expensive. I think the 8mm mag with 200 gr a-frames would be such grizzly medicine. With that long barrel 200 gr accubonds probably close to 3200 fps would be quite the long range elk gun.

I've been shooting 160 Barnes Ttsx over RL 17 at 3400 fps

Good luck

Unfinished 8mm project:

I bought a 32" blank 10-Tw from Benchmark, in MTU contour (very heavy).

Rem 700 deal. I need threading, chambering, etc.

One of these months.......................................

change it to
5.56mm
7mmm express
8mag
for me and you cover it all with 3

6x47rem
7mm-08

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.