6mm Creedmoor done! For now anyway.

ducky

Finally got the rifle range ready, mounted up a scope this morning. Still going to give the bedding a little longer to cure before taking it out. The Accustock was buggered up by someone who tried to make it fit a standard recoil lug, so I had to bed. Right now with the scope mounted it weighs in at 10 lbs 4.4 oz suppressed, but the scope is just temporary until I can find exactly what I want. Right now I'm looking at Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18X44 or NF SHV 4-14X50 and they'll add quite a bit more weight. I was going to go with a lighter optice since my original goal was to be sub 10 lbs suppressed, but the 18" X-Caliber barrel still came in heavier than I planned. So I've given up and just going with the NF or Bushnell as I've wanted to try both optics.

Rifle started life as a Stevens 200 .243 Win.
Accustock was picked up off of Gunbroker, with a .223 M10 youth I bought.
PT&G parallel recoil lug precision ground
Stockade bolt handle and lift kit.
X-Caliber SS 1:7 5R Savage Magnum contour barrel 18"
Silencer Co Omega 300 suppressor
Burris Tactical 2 piece picatinny rail
Vortex Medium rings
Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16X40 AO (temporary)

I also went looking for something to test, and wound up with a case of Barnes LRX ammo for $195 delivered. Cheaper than I could buy the components. I have a premium 4th season rifle Mule Deer tag here in Colorado to give this rifle a go in November so I hope my rifle likes them.

I also picked up a three boxes of Hornady Black 105 grain HPBT to try.

I'm hoping I like the 6mm Creedmoor as much as I like the .243.

Last edited:
Have you tried the accufit stock? I have both accufit and accustock, I like both but the accufit is really nice with adjustable LOP and adjustable cheek piece. Check it out if you haven't for future Savage builds. Great looking rig and I really like the short barrel setups. I am thinking I will do one with a 6.5 Creed and a Silencerco Hybrid suppressor.

I've had a lot of fun with the 6mm Creedmoor. I don't know if it's much different than the .243 Win.

I don't expect it to be any different than the .243, I have a lot more money than time these days. I wanted a fast twist 6mm with factory load options for heavy bullets, since I don't get to reload much. The CM just checked a lot more boxes than the .243 at this point in time in my life. I might build another fast twist .243 some day, when I find time to reload again.

Have you tried the accufit stock? ...... Great looking rig and I really like the short barrel setups. I am thinking I will do one with a 6.5 Creed and a Silencerco Hybrid suppressor.

No I haven't tried the Accufit stock, I'm not sure how many more Savage builds I have in me. Remage will probably be most of my future builds. I can pick up M700 ADL rifles cheaper than I can pick up Savage M110 rifles anymore. Plus there are a lot more options with the M700 than I can ever get with the M110.

Using a suppressor does make you compromise on a few things. Running a long barrel and a suppressor isn't something I want to do with what I'm going to use this rifle for. I need to get Bravo Front Cap so I can remove the brake on my Omega and shorten it up by 1". Then my barrel length will be around 23.5" instead of 24.5". With an 18" barrel I should still be around 2900+ fps and I was happy with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.