6 ARC bolt action Hammer or Nosler E-tip

sdakotaguy

Considering monolithic Hunting bullet for deer again this fall. Delima Im struggling with Is what bullet to choose for this miser cartridge. I have the Hornady CX in the 80 grain & the 90 grain Nosler E tip & the E-tip is looking like my preferred choice between those two.

I see Hammer offers a lot of bullet choices and lack of load data along with pricing is making me think more than twice b4 pulling the trigger on the Absolute Hammer.

Anyone care to weigh in with me on selecting a copper bullet for hunting whitetail to 250 yards perhaps more more likely closer to 100 yards statistically with the 6mm ARC.

Strongly kicked the Absolute Hammer around, though I expect a bit of a drawn out experience choosing a propellant.

Rifle is a 22" CZ 527 with a 5 groove 7.5 twist. Honestly think most any of them will work well if I do my part. Just hate to lay down another couple hundred bucks on components to work up a load for the Absolute Hammer to wring out the better load, when the Nosler E-tips are already in hand & looking very promising.

There is extensive load data on this site or you can go to Hammer website. Although I'm not sure about the 6 ARC. CX is fairly new, so not sure how much real results are available other than the manual. Weatherby just recently posted a podcast with Hammer's owners and it was great. I would encourage hunters to watch. I've used Noslers for many years with a lot of success. The availability has been non existent and Hammers are available with great support. Good luck and keep us posted.

Nosler E-tip I have in hand. Could there be any substantial advantage to the Absolute Hammer?

Purchased the Nosler E-tip as Blems. Not sure why the E-tip's were liquidated as Blems As they do shoot well & expansion has proven very capable as a hunting round.

I have 100 pcs of E tip blems for my .243 that I have not tried yet and can't imagine the E tips not performing as long as your rifle shoots them to your satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them.

Could there be any substantial advantage to the Absolute Hammer?
200-300 FPS faster than bullets same weight range. Extends MPBR less hold over. Made popping Gatorade size Prairie dogs to 430 yards a blast. Faster also = less time for the environment to mess with trajectory. We had a lot of wind that day. Winds I typically would dial up for. But with flat trajectory, just held into the wind a little.