45yrd shot puts end to a two year hunt.

duckaholic

Last September I started getting pictures of a big 9pt on the Cuddeback. On October 3rd he showed up at 30yrds broadside no idea I was anywhere around. I drew the dxt took aim and watched my arrow hit behind shoulder but above lung and under spine. I knew when he ran off I didn hit him good. We found little sign and no deer. Heartbroke and mad at myself I keep hunting. A week later he was on my cam again lookin fine. Lifted my spirits to know he was around still. I had heard he was killed in rifle season. July I set the camera out and after two weeks had pictures of a big 10pt. It was Jim and the sleepless nights commenced. Hunted it hard the first two weeks of season without even a glimpse and constantly fighting people off my spot who had seem him before daylight or late at night. I lost interest an started chasing otherdeer. So last Friday I go over to his area an look for sign and find one measley scrape but fresh none the less so I Hung the lock on up 25yrds off to the side. That afternoon I didn see anything bit was back before daylight with high hopes. As 8:40 came around an only seeing one spike I was doubting my spot. 9:30 I tried a little grunting rattling and snort wheeze. And here he came 45yrds and the Z7 put the rage to him an the end to a two year Chase.. don't see how to add pics from my phone I'm.fixing to get in the stand ill post some later.

IMG_9978.jpg

110600_120700_2.jpg

110600_192000.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's bigger but I worked hard for this buck. Kinda bittersweet now that I got him lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts