416 taylor web page

nickyb

Gday, I was wondering if anyone can remember a web page dedicated to the 416 taylor called " The 416 Taylor Webpage" it was on a geocites but has been shut down or some thing. I am beginning to build a taylor based around a ruger action and I was interested in seeing a few different setups to give me some ideas of where I want to go with it.

If anyone can help me out with details of what they have done or where I might look for more information that would be apprietiated.

Cheers Nick

nickb I have been shooting the 416 Taylor for about 20 years use only one load that is 74 gr R 15 wiht the 400 grain Barnes .49 bullet or the hornady 400 sp. I live a 3400 ft elevation and I get about 2410 every shot & one time I was at 700 ft and my results were the same. Ruger did make a rifle in this at one time But redisigned it to their 375 Ruger case which is a very good design. they all do the same as the factory 416 Rigby and the 416 Remington magnum. the advantage for the Taylor is you can use 338 winchester brass and 458 winchester brass . I do like the belt on a magnum rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.