• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Federal

akmtnhnt

Seems no one makes these rifles anymore. I can get a pre-fit, but figured I'd see what's out there collecting dust since the cartridge seems to have lost any following. Stainless only. +1 if it's threaded.
Let me know what you have.

Last edited:
I picked up a Savage Storm in 338 Fed on Gunbroker last month.
I have seen one listed in Tikka, Kimber and Ruger m77 lately.

I already had some ammo, dies and brass from when I bought my Ruger #1 a couple of years ago. I just didn't want to shoot it since it's like new and rare in 338 Fed.

I picked up a Savage Storm in 338 Fed on Gunbroker last month.
I have seen one listed in Tikka, Kimber and Ruger m77 lately.

I already had some ammo, dies and brass from when I bought my Ruger #1 a couple of years ago. I just didn't want to shoot it since it's like new and rare in 338 Fed.
Ya, I'm keeping an eye on GB. The tikka would be perfect.

I also saw some ammo on Gunbroker but it's very expensive.
I've seen Starline head-stamped brass and Federal once fired brass advertised occasionally as well.

That's a nice one but...waaaay out of my budget for a 338 Fed!

That Savage Storm fit my purpose perfectly.
I have another Stainless Storm in 6.5-284 that I got for a song way back and it shoots incredibly well.

I've done very little preliminary load work for the 338 with the few components I have and looks promising so far.
For now I'll settle on the best one with 185 Fusion "seconds" bullets and H335... .7 MOA.

Yep…Guilty…:rolleyes:
I'm one of those guys that is particular about the itty bitty things that really make no difference! Lol