338 Edge brass from 404 Jeffery's

hegster

I read the post the other day about using the RWS brass for the Edge but have not been able to find any for sale. my question is both Norma and Hornady make a 404 Jefferys brass, would the quality of either warrent the time and energy to form them to the 338.

Thanks

Hegster

No on the Norma. Norma brass is soft and the primer pockets won't take any pressure. Probably no on the Hornady brass too, but I have no direct experience with it.

I use the RWS brass because it's tougher than nails in the case head. But RWS ceased manufacture of it more than 10 years ago so it is tough to find now.

Just a thought....

Has anyone contacted Jamison or TTI to see if they would manufacture a .300 Ultra Mag or Basic 404 case to form brass from???

I always thought that either one of these would be a superior choice to Remington Factory Brass. Lapua is foreign stuff, ant they probablly aren't interested in making brass that directly competes with the .338 Lapua.

Would that be a suitable option???

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.