300 PRC load development

loghome

I got a Christian arms 300 PRC Ridgeline rifle carbon fiber barrel 1 and 8 twist. I have h 1000 powder and burger 210grn vld bullets. I was wondering if anybody has worked out a load with. that yet. I have Hornady brass Federal 215 Magnum primers. I haven't had a chance to get any loaded yet just wondering if anybody else has what the results were. I was reading some of the articles it sounds like Hornady brass may not have been the one to go with.

Hornady brass is ok I wouldn't worry. I have the same rifle and caliber but I will be loading Ramshot LRT just thought I'd try it and it was available-see how it goes.

That's what I doing I already had everything but the brass. I use h1000 in my 338 Lapua the bullets in my 300 win mag. I'm just trying what I have I was going to try hornady 212 eldx bullets. But like everything else you can't find them.

h1000 is good powder for PRC. I had better results with N570. Others shot a lot of rl 26.
start low on your charge and work up. Berger load data I got was on the hot side for my gun. Seems I started seeing pressure signs around 2850 FPS.

try the 215 berger.

If anyone is working on a load for a 300 PRC with berger bullets. I called berger and got there load data. With H1000 burger 210 vld there min was 81.5 at 2810 fps max 85.7 at 2957 . I worked up from 75 grn to 79 with a 2983 muzzle velocity. Thought I'd put that out there.

I couldn't get n570 to shoot good in my traverse. Got good speeds, all the way up to 3080 with a 215 Berger. But the ES and SD were all bad. I am switching to h1000 as well, should also be better for barrel life. I am going to start at 76 and work up.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.