300 grain ATIPS in .338 Lapua

jbs2014

Has anyone used the 300 grain ATIPS in .338 Lapua? What COAL did you use? Can you load them to mag length?

thank you

If you plan on using a mag then that's as long as it can be. Only way to tell is to shoot them and find out. Most of the time you can get the atips to shoot at mag, they are just expensive.

I tried them in my RPR with H1000 and the best groups were in the 7's. My load with 285 grain ELD-Ms pretty well stays in the 5's.

I chose to maintain magazine length so they might have been awesome single feeding closer to the lands. Magazine length puts me at around 0.140" jump. The 285 ELD-Ms jump around 0.080" at magazine length.

I did manage to get ahold of some Retumbo and N570. I had a box of 300 grain A-Tips left over so I loaded OCW rounds for both but haven't shot them yet. I figured I might as well find out.

I tried them in my RPR with H1000 and the best groups were in the 7's. My load with 285 grain ELD-Ms pretty well stays in the 5's.

I chose to maintain magazine length so they might have been awesome single feeding closer to the lands. Magazine length puts me at around 0.140" jump. The 285 ELD-Ms jump around 0.080" at magazine length.

I did manage to get ahold of some Retumbo and N570. I had a box of 300 grain A-Tips left over so I loaded OCW rounds for both but haven't shot them yet. I figured I might as well find out.
So how did your ATips shoot?