• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

30 Nosler built on Win M70CRF McMillan stock

Maybe I can help someone make up their mind in this Remington and Savage dominated world. There is no better hunting rifle than a CRF M-70. Compared to a Rem 700, the CRF M-70 is more durable, reliable, and robust; and allows for a VERY accurate rifle. When I finally got rid of all my Rem 700 actioned rifles—factory and custom—and went to CRF M-70s—factory and custom—the accuracy of my rigs improved. That is because it's the barrel and bedding that are the primary drivers of accuracy.

If I was shooting any kind of competition that required rapid shots from a magazine I would use a CRF M-70. Nothing feeds better than a CRF M-70 properly set up. I have many times been able to get a CRF M-70 feed and eject a magazine full of empty cases.

When you add up the cost of the parts alone you will exceed what is being asked for this rig. A CRF M-70 donor rifle is hard to find for much under $800 nowadays and often they are more, especially in stainless. Add $550 for a stock, $350 for a barrel, and $90 for bottom metal and you are getting the machine work and stock bedding for free.

So if you are uncertain because you are unfamiliar with Wicnchester Model 70s.......well, now you know........

Thank you, afp1. That's very kind of you. I have several custom builds on M70 CRF actions and agree they feed like butter and make a good platform for a custom build. It's just a tough rifle market at the moment - appreciate the sales pitch though! Only trade interest at the moment is a high end 3-18 or 5-25 scope - Swaro X-5, Kahles 525, or Tangent Theta.

Maybe I can help someone make up their mind in this Remington and Savage dominated world. There is no better hunting rifle than a CRF M-70. Compared to a Rem 700, the CRF M-70 is more durable, reliable, and robust; and allows for a VERY accurate rifle. When I finally got rid of all my Rem 700 actioned rifles—factory and custom—and went to CRF M-70s—factory and custom—the accuracy of my rigs improved. That is because it's the barrel and bedding that are the primary drivers of accuracy.

If I was shooting any kind of competition that required rapid shots from a magazine I would use a CRF M-70. Nothing feeds better than a CRF M-70 properly set up. I have many times been able to get a CRF M-70 feed and eject a magazine full of empty cases.

When you add up the cost of the parts alone you will exceed what is being asked for this rig. A CRF M-70 donor rifle is hard to find for much under $800 nowadays and often they are more, especially in stainless. Add $550 for a stock, $350 for a barrel, and $90 for bottom metal and you are getting the machine work and stock bedding for free.

So if you are uncertain because you are unfamiliar with Wicnchester Model 70s.......well, now you know........

I agree on the Mod 70 action, I have one done in 300wsm that shoots 1 3/4" at 500yds. I really want this one, but with the wsm do I need it is my problem. It does do better with the heavy 212 than my 300wsm though

Saturday bump! Still have it - I've done quite a few trades recently so really just need to sell this one. Thanks!

Thanks K.

Who would you guys recommend for:

(a) blasting and recoating of the metal with a more durable black finish and

(b) repainting of the stock to a Kryptek pattern and color of my choice?
I would give Brandon at custom gun coating a call . His work is awesome

OP fwiw I've had KG gun cote on a rifle since the 90's I don't remember what year it was done but I know the man that did it retired. The prep needs to be better for either product. Unless you need to sell I'd consider having the rifle redone and maybe have the stock dipped in a color transfer product