30-6.5 RPM?

wilkup

Anybody wildcatted this yet or heard of it being done? Seems like an easy way to breathe new life into an old -06 and reach WSM performance levels with a simple rechamber.
Thoughts?

already have that and a 338 drawn up in quick design and quick load. should be able to keep up with the wsm or a little better depending on brass quality.
just waiting for brass to be available before pulling the trigger.
If ADG or Peterson picked up the case, it'd be a done deal. It'd probably be the last bolt gun I ever built haha

from what I hear it will be Hornady for factory ammo but this new Hornady stuff is pretty good, don't let that stop you lets wait and see what we get if it is anything like the PRC brass we will be alright.

from what I hear it will be Hornady for factory ammo but this new Hornady stuff is pretty good, don't let that stop you lets wait and see what we get if it is anything like the PRC brass we will be alright.

Are you saying that Hornady will be making brass and loading ammo for the Weatherby RPM?

Are you saying that Hornady will be making brass and loading ammo for the Weatherby RPM?
Hornady for the brass. I should of worded that better and that is info from a member here on the original tread.

I didn't realize that Hornady was going to be making brass for the RPM, that's an interesting twist.

I didn't realize that Hornady was going to be making brass for the RPM, that's an interesting twist.
Idk......most brass from Hornady on standard case head hasn't been to most consistent or stout build. I will say their 300/6.5 prc brass is a step above the rest their offerings. Still has some neck thickness inconsistencies, but it's pretty tough stuff.

According to the Hornady rep at the LGS. They have been making the Nosler brass for a couple of years. Maybe they have taken what they have learned and passed it down the line.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.