• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

30-06 Ammunition for Vet hunts

257WTBY

I am a retired vet and I started taking disabled veterans out deer hunting this past fall. We were 6 for 6 on whitetails. I got donations and was able to purchase a Tikka SS 30-06 and put one of my old Leupold 4X12s on it for this coming season. I am looking for primarily 150-165gr ammo we have a permanent raised blind built right before deer season and have got it set up with full coverage from weather. This past fall we used one of my rifle's to hunt and honestly not thru any fault of theirs my rifle was getting beat up that's why I hit up several local businesses for donations to purchase the rifle. I have to stretch each donated dollar as far as I can so I am looking for 30-06 ammo. Every shot this past fall was 100 yard and under and where their stand is the absolute longest I could have a vet shoot would be about 125 yards. So i dont need fancy long range bullets they all used 100 gr 25-06 ammo this past fall, so anything in the 150-165 grain bullet weight would work. If you have any and are willing to sell them please let me know.

Billy

Text me your address and I'll send you some...pretty sure I have some federal premium with 165 sierras I can send you...I'm sure I have some other stuff too. It's a Tikka, it will shoot everything fine I'm sure. 716-4nine eight zero 6 nine 6. Thanks for what you do!!!