257 Weatherby mag

Hello and welcome to the forum!
I mostly used IMR 7977 in my 257wby but also tested H1000 and a couple others. There was no 7977 data when I started so I researched and found it was usually within a grain of H1000 so i started low and worked up. A great powder with 100-120grain bullets. I ran a 24" tube and my loads were 3570 with a 100 gr Etip, and 3320 with a 117 Hornady interlock. I also worked up loads for 115 partitions and a few others that shot great as well.
The Interlock just folded deer! Great cartridge!

I'm very tempted to try the 80-90gr hammer hunters in mine. Talk about a laser out to 500. Plus it won't come apart at close range. That was an issue I was worried about with mine. Even the 115gr nosler I had moving a good amount over what they considered max FPS. So we I got to Kansas one year and my farthest shot was 82 yards I was a bit worried. It worked out but didn't like the thought of a failure either when I paid a good amount for that hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.