25-06 loads 100 grn bullet

Daniel Garmon

I won a 25-06 rifle at a California deer association dinner and was wondering what your favorite 25-06 load is. Living in a non- lead area I'll need to got with a non lead round . I would appreciate any help thanks .......Dan

P

You're not stuck with the 100 gr Barnes TTSX or the Nosler E-tip. The Barnes 115 TSX is a killer option. My grandson shoots a 115 leadcore in his 25-06 and it's very accurate out to 400 yds. Most factory barrels don't have the fast twist to handle the Hammer bullet or the other custom made bullets. I have a great load for the 115 Berger VLD which will not help you, but I've found slower powder working great in the 25-06 as well as .270 Win.

Both of my 25/06 rifles like the same load for 100gr bullets . 53.5gr IMR4831,CCI lrp, Rem. brass. Between the two of them I have shot four different 100gr bullets None of which is legal in Calif. This is not a max load but is super accurate in both of my rifles.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Yeah I agree IMR 4350. Never have tried much else cause it's been such a great performer for me. CCI 200, Remington or Win brass, 53.0 grs behind a Partition, 3300 fps. Certified whitetail slayer. A Barnes should work great as well..

I use R17 for 100 grain Swift Sciroccos, scary fast velocities and accurate as well. I use IMR7977 with the 115 bergers. If it is strictly a non-lead hunting rig I would look into the 100 grain MTH from cutting edge bullets. I have found that they are very easy to tune and liked to be pushed hard just like a barnes. I would start with R17, 4350 in any flavor, 4831 in either flavor and also some of the slower powders like IMR7977, H1000, and R25 or 26.

Reuben

My left handed Browning X bolt grouped well with the 100 gr TTSX over IMR 4831. Hope you enjoy the 25-06. It's a long time favorite of mine for deer.

My left handed Browning X bolt grouped well with the 100 gr TTSX over IMR 4831. Hope you enjoy the 25-06. It's a long time favorite of mine for deer.

Was at the ranch at daybreak and shot 4 different loads of 100 grain Barnes TTSX pushed by IMR4831 the best group shot 53 grains gun)gun) @ .380

With 100 gr bullets i've had good results using IMR 4350 and when using the heaver 117 and 120 gr bullets IMR 4831 has performed best.

I believe my 100gr TTSX load was around 56gr RL22. That's just a touch over barnes max spec, but it shot so well, and had no pressure signs in my Tikka. That load set at book OAL shot around .5-.7 pretty well all day. I shot a couple mid west whitetails with it and they flopped. I think it was a good load because at that speed that little bullet produces some pretty good hydro-static shock. In particular, I shot one buck at 15yds dead center chest and recovered the bullet with 2 petals still attached.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.