22-250 or 22 nosler

Gills

i like my 223 for coyote hunting but have been wanting a 22-250. Has anyone used the 22 nosler on an at platform how does it compare to 223 or 22-250. It would be a lot cheaper to switch my at to this than buy an ar15 in a 22-250

I have one with an Odin Barrel, and their billet upper receiver. Will shoot 77gr factory loads 1/2" consistently. Mag fed 5 shot groups. Will shoot 68gr Hornadys into half that. Barrel is bedded with loctite, in a trued receiver. It ain't no 22-250 by any standards, it is somewhere between the .223 and 250, but is in a nice coyote rifle, and sometimes they come in more than one at a time. It will sometimes miss the rim loading the first round if you don't pay attention. Feeds fine semi auto with a 6.8mag. I have been thinking of reforming some 6MM Hagar brass and using a 6.8 bolt, just to see what that does, but it is fine like it is. Beware: Rifles like this can cause a untreatable condition known as Evil Black Rifle Fever, or EBRF. It is uncureable and contagious.

Budsgunshop has a ruger american with a 1 in 8 twist stainless for 432.00, would be a great coyote gun in my opinion. Have a 223 and 22250 as well as a custom 22 creedmoore. Its just hard to beat a fast twist 22 cal shootin heavy bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.