195 grn Berger’s & 1:9 twist

So now you know all the options..../ Load up some of the 195 and 180 hybrids and shoot them out to 800 and beyond.. Then make your decision.. You gun will tell you what to do... Don't get hung up on just one bullet.. Give yourself some options and let the gun tell you..
I had a 300 win that I really wanted to shoot the 215 in, it hated them.. It loves the 200.20x Go figure..

Just bought my son a 28 Nosler as a graduation gift. The rifle comes with a 1:9 twist. I was planning on loading him up some 195 EOL Berger's but have had a few guys say they don't stabilize too well with a 1:9 twist? Anybody have any experience with this same set up good or bad?
I wouldn't even
Just bought my son a 28 Nosler as a graduation gift. The rifle comes with a 1:9 twist. I was planning on loading him up some 195 EOL Berger's but have had a few guys say they don't stabilize too well with a 1:9 twist? Anybody have any experience with this same set up good or bad?
I wouldn't even try the 195's use the 180 hybrid and 175 Nosler partition. You only have about 850 to 1100 shots, I'm on my third barrel. It's really fun to shoot really far.

Some barrel makers are using the EDM machining method to rifle barrels. That makes it possible to make barrels from super alloys like Inconel 625, and Hastalloy. No idea of the cost, but should make a lifetime gun out of barrel eaters like the 28 Nosler. Has anyone had experience?

I would like to know more about this process.. I am sure barrel makers don't want lifetime barrels for us. That wouldn't make them any money.

Some of the gun magazine writers should explore this with EDM barrel makers and shooters, and ideally run some scientifically valid tests. I would like to hear from someone making superalloy barrel liners that are tensioned. That should increase tuneability and allow shooters to easily switch calibers back and forth without buying another complete gun. I see a business opportunity here. Let's get scientific about our sport and take advantage of existing technology.