• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .17HMR ammo

Basher42

Looking to pick up a few different types of .17HMR ammo to try in my rifle. Let me know what you've got and how much you'd like for it shipped to Lafayette, IN. Thanks!

All 17 HMR (Hornady, CCI, Rem and Fed) is manufactured by CCI with separate Headstamps, so just get one of them, you don't need all of them. I am dealing with a mishap with a Ruger with Hornady ammo so I just found all this out and it was confirmed by Hornady. Whatever you buy, make sure it is new production, as Hornady now says all rimfire .17 ammo should be replaced or taken out of service if 10 years old. Issues with Neck and shoulder separation from hardening of the brass.

All 17 HMR (Hornady, CCI, Rem and Fed) is manufactured by CCI with separate Headstamps, so just get one of them, you don't need all of them. I am dealing with a mishap with a Ruger with Hornady ammo so I just found all this out and it was confirmed by Hornady. Whatever you buy, make sure it is new production, as Hornady now says all rimfire .17 ammo should be replaced or taken out of service if 10 years old. Issues with Neck and shoulder separation from hardening of the brass.

That may be true, but I'd still like to try various options (15.5gr V-Max, 17gr V-Max, 17gr JHP, 20gr FMJ, 20gr JHP, etc.) to see which it likes best. :) Hopefully you can figure out your Ruger situation!