Zeiss Z-MOA Reticle and Hunting

General RE LEE

I've got a 3-18x50 Zeiss Conquest V6 on the way. I selected the Z-MOA 2 reticle for wind holds off the bench and hunting. Hash marks are 2 MOA at 18 power (SFP).

Anyone got experience this reticle? I am curious if it will be serviceable in a low light hunting scenario.

I've got a 3-18x50 Zeiss Conquest V6 on the way. I selected the Z-MOA 2 reticle for wind holds off the bench and hunting. Hash marks are 2 MOA at 18 power (SFP).

Anyone got experience this reticle? I am curious if it will be serviceable in a low light hunting scenario.
I have no issues with mine. By the time I can't see through the scope, it's passed legal shooting times anyway. If there is a con to the reticle for me, it is the lines are bit on the thick side. However, I am more use to shooting reticles such as TMOA or MOART. You will be fine.

I have no issues with mine. By the time I can't see through the scope, it's passed legal shooting times anyway. If there is a con to the reticle for me, it is the lines are bit on the thick side. However, I am more use to shooting reticles such as TMOA or MOART. You will be fine.

Thank you. I found it interesting the hash marks are 2 MOA vs 1 MOA like my Leupold Wind Plex reticle.

If yours is the V6, how do you like the glass and eye box?

Yep. Those 2 moa marks are pretty confusing. Specially on the vertical where you have a small one followed a large one. Doesn't make any sense to have a large mark every 4 moa. On the horizontal you get the large marks every 10 MOA. It's confusing not following the same rules for both axis.

I bought two zeiss V6 3-18 at the same time a year ago and mounted them on a couple great shooting rifles, took them to the range and zero the rifles at 200yds. Then on one of the scopes I dial up to make a 800 yard shot and I felt something in the turret fail, it got real spongy and dialed back to the 200 yard zero and it was off terrible. But the other one has nice dials and clear glass. The retical is thicker than other scopes but works well in low light and heavy brush ware othet retical get washed out in heavy brush. I sent the broken one back for a refund. On the bright side Zeiss sent me some free shirts and hat for pain and suffering LOL.

I bought two zeiss V6 3-18 at the same time a year ago and mounted them on a couple great shooting rifles, took them to the range and zero the rifles at 200yds. Then on one of the scopes I dial up to make a 800 yard shot and I felt something in the turret fail, it got real spongy and dialed back to the 200 yard zero and it was off terrible. But the other one has nice dials and clear glass. The retical is thicker than other scopes but works well in low light and heavy brush ware othet retical get washed out in heavy brush. I sent the broken one back for a refund. On the bright side Zeiss sent me some free shirts and hat for pain and suffering LOL.

Didn't want them to fix it?

Didn't want them to fix it?
They offered but I decited to put the refund toward another NX8 F1 4-32.
The NF weight around 28 1/2oz. I only went with the Zeiss V6 3-18 because it was 22oz. After the failure I could not put the 6oz of less weight on a rifle I was going to use backpacking in the far back country and trust it on a ten day hunt. I already took off the Leupolds for the exact same reason.