Zeiss conquest 10x30 binos

Crop Damage

I've had a set of these 10x30 binoculars for about 5 or 6 years now. I like them, but there are a few issues that I should address, and I'm hoping some of you all might have them figured out already.

First, I need some decent lens covers. They came with this little cordura case, which lets in all kinds of dirt, bugs, and weeds and keeps them in there with the binos. I wouldn't need the case if I just had some caps that would cover the lenses. Anyone know where to find some?

They also fog up a lot when I look through them in colder weather. What can I do to prevent that?

Finally, can anyone recommend a really good lens cleaner? I've heard you shouldn't use windex on them. I want to get the glass CLEAN and keep it that way. Thanks!

Crop Damage, Can't help with some of your problems, but can help with cleaning & fogging. KleerVu anti-fog is endorsed by Leupold for lenses. It really cleans well & stops fogging. I get it at gun shows in the NW, but it is marketed by North American Marketing in Idaho Falls, ID. Do a web search and you should find this great product. Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Take your binos into a Cabella's,Shooters Wharehouse,Bass Pro Shop,or any where that carries a large selection of Buttler Creek lns covers and fin a set that fits......
I keep my binos from foging in cold weather from theat and moisture of my forehead by keeping the eye cups down ( like eye glass wearers do) and the small space allows the heat and moister to dissapate without fogging the lens..........

Thank you, I never thought of the butler creek covers for binoculars, but don't see why they wouldn't work. Thanks for the info on the cleaning stuff, I'm going to order some. My filthy lenses will be happy too, no more getting wiped off with my shirt sleeve.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.