Youth rifle 243 or 300blk?

Would you buy a custom stock to get your boy shooting a 243 or 300blk?
Looking to buy a Boyd's At One adjustable stock to put on a rifle for my son to use until he moves up. I have a Ruger American Ranch 300blk with Muzzle Brake and Rem Model 7 243 that will both be his someday but the adjustment on the Boyd's stock would get him from 12&1/2" LOP to 14" LOP. Both are factory stock rifles currently with typical not compact stocks.
Ruger and Remington youth stocks are hard to come by and for the price may want Boyd's anyways. So if I am going to spend the money, 243 or 300blk to start on coyotes to whitetails in Missouri?
Thanks in advance
I have my 11 year old grandson a Remington 700 in 243. I found a youth stock on eBay for about $50. And installed a bdl style magazine for about $80. A Leupold scope and he loves it. He shot a deer and coyote with it. .243 is better in every way. Previously he shot a deer with an AR in .223.

Some get distracted easily on here. But it's ok, if I decide to buy him another rifle I got plenty of good ideas!
243 got the majority by an overwhelming total here and between my buddies. Since I already have both there isn't really a wrong answer. In fact, both having stock options may be the best answer…
Grandpa always told me invest in stock options, I wonder if this counts???
Does count to me! They're the only stocks my sons are inheriting!

I have my 11 year old grandson a Remington 700 in 243. I found a youth stock on eBay for about $50. And installed a bdl style magazine for about $80. A Leupold scope and he loves it. He shot a deer and coyote with it. .243 is better in every way. Previously he shot a deer with an AR in .223.
I found a simple wood model 7 youth stock for $95 on there. So far it's the option for the 243. And I could probably get a youth stock for each rifle cheaper than a Boyds At One.

A buddy has a grandkid who is super recoil sensitive. He has a 300 bo with the sig solid copper ammo. He has shot 2 bucks so far. One 200#. Both drt at 100 yds.
Whatever works to get kids out there and keeping our sport alive; it sounds like your grandchild is figuring it out and getting skillful! Whatever gun a kid first has history with will be a favorite of theirs for a lifetime.

I've posted on here before I think how when my grandson was 8 and wanted to hunt. we got him a youth model Remington .243 and a lpvo. When he came over he would shoot at the 8 inch steel plate at 100 yards that is set up in the back yard. when he consistently could hit it, he was ready to go hunting. His first time out he shot a doe and has went on to kill other deer since then.
That's a great idea and one I intend to use with my grandchildren.

Would you buy a custom stock to get your boy shooting a 243 or 300blk?
Looking to buy a Boyd's At One adjustable stock to put on a rifle for my son to use until he moves up. I have a Ruger American Ranch 300blk with Muzzle Brake and Rem Model 7 243 that will both be his someday but the adjustment on the Boyd's stock would get him from 12&1/2" LOP to 14" LOP. Both are factory stock rifles currently with typical not compact stocks.
Ruger and Remington youth stocks are hard to come by and for the price may want Boyd's anyways. So if I am going to spend the money, 243 or 300blk to start on coyotes to whitetails in Missouri?
Thanks in advance
Either calibers will work for you, though I would favor the .243 for it's versatility and since somewhere on this thread I assumed you don't reload. I don't know if a custom or accessory stock would be necessary to get a kid into shooting.

Don't reload yet. Wanting to start but haven't made the time or invested in the supplies for centerfire. Gave my shot shell setup to my cousin.
My son is 4 now but with rising costs of everything I was going to try and get the youth stock now. @Lefty G-gear 's model 7 got me thinking of the Boyd's stock.
My kids will all start on 22LR & 22WMR but at 7-9 (if they still enjoy) I figured I would move him up gradually. Already own the 243 and 300blk so was trying to avoid a whole new caliber. I assume he can stick with either caliber for whitetails or less under 200yds. He can move to larger calibers as he grows up.
I am trying to avoid from the .22LR Marlin to 30-06 Rem Classic without recoil pad like we grew up…
It would be tough to get into reloading right now and frustrating to acquire components as things current exist. Your plan IMHO is a good one; if they enjoy the .22s they can easily adapt to whichever of the other calibers they prefer and either will do 200 yards.

Alot of great advice here. Remember that alot of those Remington 700 stocks were removed for a reason (a good reason! ). If the weight is an issue, modify the current stock and put a "good stock" on it when he's grown. Just another point of view. My vote is 243 Winchester. Far more versatile. And good job dad, thinking ahead.
Absolutely great advice on this thread, as is yours. What got me interested in this thread was a Dad or Grandfather was thinking ahead, stating what he had, both good choices for his intended purpose of making his grandchild be successful.

Watch the average 6-10 year old try to hold a rifle even with a youth length stock. One of the things they struggle with is keeping the barrel steady. They arch their back and lose good shooting form which makes felt recoil worse. Shortening the stock and leaving the barrel 22-24" long makes that barrel more of a lever than it is with a normal length of pull stock because it moves the balance point forward.

I really push for shorter barrels with shorter stocks for kids. I also advocate for quick expanding solid copper bullets to increase the chance of penetration and 2 holes. For this reason I would go with a 300 Blackout for a first rifle and 110gr Barnes tacTx as THE ONLY factory bullet I will use. Adding a suppressor at the bench will help with making practice more pleasant and reduce flinching. For scopes, I would look at the LPVO's that are popular in 3 gun or for dangerous game. The illuminated reticle draws their attention and makes using the scope in an exciting situation more intuitive.

16" 300 Blackout, Barnes 110 tac-Tx Ruger American

Once a rifle is sighted in and a kid knows fundamentals, get off the bench. Shoot from sticks, shoot from kneeling/sitting/standing. Hunt squirrels/coons/rabbits get them used to seeing and shooting game. One of the biggest problems I've had when hunting with children is seeing/identifying/ finding the game in the scope. If they're used to finding small game, a deer is easy and will make those fleeting opportunities more fruitful