"Yellowstone is dead" video

"Any self respecting Man who calls himself a deer hunter would shoot every one of them sons of bitches he sees!"

An actual quote from a 95 year old man who was born and lives in Northern Wisconsin, He grew up with the problem and seen it first hand.

Unofficial Sources in the State of Wisconsin have estimated that upwards of 10% of the wolf population is killed every year by a bullet. I believe it could be much higher.
The DNR recently terminated a pack in central WI after close human encounters where the animals were unafraid of human threats.

Pittsville city employees reported sightings of wolves actually moving thru the park in town. I have heard reports of northern Wisconsinites seeking and finding den sites in the spring and terminating the pups. Referred to as "late term abortions"

Lobo Watch - Wolf News

Read the 4th listed article on the articles page. You may need this info if your hunting dog comes across a wolf burger.

As of yet no one in Wisconsin that I am aware of has ever been convicted of killing a wolf, some say it can never be done as these animals are all highbreed crosses with % of domestic dog.

As long as we have the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments, the temporary solution lies in our hands.

gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------wolf

:D

I just meant that the video was too sedate. I can see some wolf activists watching it and thinking how beautiful the scenery and the elk and the wolves are and not getting the message.

I think it's a tragic situation where the public is grossly misinformed and it'll take some Hollywood drama to get the message out. It's time for a Stephen Speilberg remake of Little Red Riding Hood.

I went to Gardner in late 80's with my Dad on a bison managment hunt. I thought I went to elk heaven. Having grown up in NWEST Mt, I had never seen elk like that, and now never will again.2500 OR so cow tags and 100-125 bull,close on #'s, 4 day hunts I think. Cows 98-99% sucess. I did not have means to get there in early years but dreamed of the Booner type 7x7 that I saw in town eating hay out of pickups. I dont believe they even had a special draw this year, I cant hardly comprehend this. I t would be worse if I lived there, but in the last 3 years I am seeing same thing happen here, with much less resource to start with.

Makes me dam.....n mad to see what has happened to this once majastic place. I no longer live in Montana, but once was a Elk-aholic and hunted just west of their and killed many, grand bulls and to see this is sicken. Even use to snowmobile in park. Guess we all need to get together and do what is right and tell nobody anything, just like all troublesome Griz that were put in the unit I use to hunt. Grave stones are not needed for these animals. S>S>S they use to say.

What are we to do? I tell everyone I know, they tell everyone they know.Yet nothing ever happens. Id love to go big Coyote hunting if anyone is game. My dad n I saw a big black one following elk tracks last fall. How can you compete with that? We followed wolf tracks year before last too n never saw an elk track.
You go down by Gardner and see little to no elk at all anymore.Very Very Sad
Wyoming and Idaho are ignoring the law but nnnooooooo Montana and Gov Shwitslicker do not. Their workin on it their workin on it is all you ever hear. I want problem solved

if you wait for the goverment to do something you will wait for ever. the guys there arnt there to solve problems thay are there to get rich.
what thay do over here is thay never wait for the goverment to solve things thay just do what is nessisery. go as a tourist and drop a poisoned stake sandwich out there. or spread a deseese that only killes wolves :D

Well if the food supply for these animals are getting thined out thin we as outdoors man are next on the list. Hikers, biker, camper,hunters, or even people set on there patios or in there yards are going to start to have trouble.

same thing is going on down here with yotos. they wont let you shot any around town are by the beach. i'm just waiting to here about some one that left there baby asleep on the patio only to come back to find no kid they re killing dogs and cat right and left out so why no a crying baby. a crying baby sure would sound like a drying rabbit to me if i was a yote.

these people making these laws are all nuts thinking wild animals are like pets.

SSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only way

Most of us up here do our best to save moose from wolves whenever and however we can. One point to make to the hysterical greenie crowd (they've got a lot of votes) is that the northern grey wolf as we know it was NEVER native to the northern Rockies. The wolves described in the mid 1800s were smaller, around 60 lbs and I doubt they were such an efficient killing machine of large ungulates. So the right term is not "re-introduction" but the introduction of a whole new species.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.