XCR Tactical or Sendero in 300win.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Knockturnal, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Knockturnal

Knockturnal Active Member

im in the middle of a debate with myself about the 2 said rifles in the title. basically the same price but what does everyone else out there think? i know lots of guys shoot the Sendero but i havent heard much about the XCR tactical long range. any help would be appreiciated.

2. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I think the XCR tacticals are way overpriced. I just don't see what you're getting to justify the cost.

3. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

knockturnal,
    I have owned several Sendero's, the first generation and the SF varieties. I currently own a 700P and wish I could get one of the XCR Tactical LR rigs.
    Both rifles are priced about the same. They're both stainless action/barrels. The Sendero is "polished" (never understood that one) and the XCR has the black TriNyte coating (much "cooler").
    The Sendero stock is the tried and true HS Precision with full aluminum bedding block. The XCR has the Bell & Carlson OD green stock with the aluminum bedding block and the "thumbhook" for shooting off the bench. ('nother "cool" option).
    I would think the XCR has the better of the two triggers. Remington's website say the XCR has the 40X trigger.
    If I had room and could afford one I'd have it this week! I think it's grossly overlooked by the LR community. JohnnyK.

4. Knockturnal

Knockturnal Active Member

hmmm... any other opinions?

5. joel0407

joel0407 Well-Known Member

Any one have an XCR that can comment?