Remington Sendero or XCR in 300rum

joel0407

Sorry, I could not search XCR since its only 3 characters.

Anyway I was dead set on a Sendero SFII but I have come across a XCR in Excellent Condition apparently only fired 40 rounds and I can buy it for the same price as the Sendero new but the XCR comes with a Leupold VX-L 4.5 x 14 - 56.

Both have 26" barrels but the Sendero is Heavy fluted were the XCR is a sporter. I dont think a JP Brake will look as good on the sporter and then I may need a new stock if I rebarrel to a heavy fluted later.

Help me decide

I'd get the Sendero and better glass for it when I could. Definately better platform (HS Precision) of the two. IMO. JohnnyK.

Just so happens that my next rifle is the sendero in 300 rum. I have already purchased 400 brass. I plan on doing slight work on it, shooting, and then going from there based on the accuracy. For that caliber, I don't believe you can find a better rifle for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.