Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by outwest1, Apr 29, 2009.

1. outwest1

outwest1 Active Member

anyone have one in 223 + how does it shoot. I'm thinking about one for coyotes + groundhogs with 50 grain BT's. it comes in 1-9 twist is that right for that size bullet +what do you think of the 40x trigger.

2. Yakblast

Yakblast Member

lightbulb

Have you checked out the new Remington R-15 VTR Carbine CS? It comes in .223 and would be great for gophers and coyotes, etc. Think the mags are some what restricted, but just food for thought :rolleyes:

.... just wish you could get the collapsable stock in Canada!! Damn gun laws.

3. Aubrey

Aubrey Member

1:9 should be good for up-to 69gr or so. Slower would be more optimal for 50gr, but it should shoot the lighter bullets pretty well also.

4. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

I have the LTR wich is pretty close to the exact same thing and have shot 69-40's. Surprisingly enough it shot everything well.

I thought maybe the 1-9 would be a bit fast for the 40's but I shot my best groups with 40gr. Blitzkings and a little over 27grains of Benchmark. Shot some sage rats with that load the other day and all I can say is POOF!

For me the closer range, 200yds or less, stuff I really like the 40's. They flat blow stuff up. Out past 200 the 52-60 bullets would be a better choice. The 69's shoot great but I only shoot steel targets and stuff with those. They aren't much fun on critters.