Wyoming help

KSB209

Not looking for honey holes just regions with good public land access. I honestly don't expect to draw this year with only 2 points but I'm going to put in for a tag anyways. I'm a non resident so I figure if I get drawn it will be a nice backpacking trip (DIY hunt). Any help on what areas I should apply for? Need to stay out of wilderness areas of course. Was thinking A, B, or C. If I do get a tag I will be hiking in and would like access to some pretty land even if I don't see a deer. Hiking is sometimes just as fun.

I've never hunted deer in Wyoming, just building points right now. My advice is to compare a Wyoming area map beside OnX or GoHUNT that shows public land and access. I think OnX actually shows the deer area boundaries but not positive. GoHUNT will show summer, winter, and travel areas to aid narrowing down an area to hunt. That's not much help, but just some advice.
Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks. Some advise is better then no advise. I'm not expecting much more then a backpacking trip carrying a rifle but I just want to stay safe and not get "tagged" myself for trespassing

Kinda in your same position with 3 points. Starting to look into it with gohunt. Looks to be quite a few options with the general tag.

I didn't think there was a general tag for deer. There is for elk

I'm sitting on 3 points for deer and elk this year too. Not expecting much. I think next year with 4 points elk in a general unit is almost a sure thing but maybe not. Who knows.

Any other thoughts on what region? I'm almost thinking about just putting in for a very hard to draw area which would basically almost guarantee that I don't get drawn. That way I won't have to worry about hunting and I can just go explore this summer

I'm kinda in the same boat you are but I'm looking at the general tag. Then picking up an anterless tag possibly speed goat as well. Only advice I can give is be sure to know the wilderness area boundaries.