Need help in Wyoming

Billygoat

Want to hunt Wyoming region G, have max points so I should draw. (2011)

Has any one hunted with Nontypical outfitters (Rob Wiley) out of Alpine Wyoming?

What can I expect in region G as far as finding a big buck ?

Any information would be appreciated about Wyoming deer hunting in region G or H.

Thanks, so much!

BG

Billy,

The Jan. issue of Huntin' Fool magazine says about Region G mule deer: "Some of the best potential in the state. Plenty of 170+ bucks with a lot of younger deer."

Did you get the e-mail from Len Bachus about the WY LRH mule deer hunt he is setting up with Mule Creek Outfitting? (Region G)

Check them out at mulecreekoutfitting.com

Tom
:)

Just wondering why you want to use 5 PPs on Region G when last year 66% of the applicants with 2 PPs drew in the Regular Draw and it was 100% for everyone with more than 2? That magazine may be right, although from what I have heard on other BBs, it is not nearly as good as it was and is overrun with residents who can hunt it on their General tag. If I was going to burn 5PPs, I would definitely look closely at going with Len on that hunt with Mule Creek Outfitters that he has set up! It looks like great country and from reading everything on their website it looks like they have figured out how to be as secure as possible with the grizzly bear problems that are now cropping up in that area. Good luck on whatever you decide!

Mule Creek hunts in H not G. Both are great deer country and I am sure that hunt with Len will be a good one you might want to consider. I have hunted that country for over 30 years. Where the big deer are in region G in particular is as rugged a country as exists in the rocky mountains. A good outfitter with good horses is a good idea. Nontypical outfitters take as good a bucks as anyone out of that country.

The winter has very bad and all of the deer died off in Wyoming. I suggest no one waste their time with the state and hunt elsewhere.

Sorry if this news is going to change anyones plans for this years hunt

:D

Good lord! Lighten up and laugh a little. Sorry I took 3 seconds out of your busy Saturday evening. I'm sure it took you 10 times longer to type your disapproval than it did you read my post.

For your information wise guy, I wasn't even on this website and your post caused the forum to pop up in my email inbox. Thinking it was something important that needed a response, I quit what I was doing and came to this Forum only to find out that it was nothing more than your stupid joke. Think before you post please is all I asked and I do have a sense of humor and that's why there is a joke section on most sites!!!

I'm plenty calm, LOL! It's just that it was getting late and I was busy, as I said, and that combination didn't make me a happy happy camper when I found out I could have waited until today to log back onto the site to read that little ditty, LOL!!! Hey elkoholic307, where are you in Bighorn County? I've hunted out of TenSleep since 1994!

Do yourself a favor stay away from Non typical Outfitters. A group of 4 of us were just out for elk with rifle 10/19/15 – 10/24/15. No Elk!! Absolutely no scouting!!! No preparation!!! Our guide took us to an area the he has not been in 10 years based on a local's report of one 6 by 6 there, NO ELK!! He also told if we don't see anything by 10:00 am it was time to pack it in for the day. On day 5 our guide took to the honey hole COOL RIGHT – WRONG (it was the same place we hunted 3 days in a row) to top it off our guide fell asleep No Elk. Obviously we were not happy and reported our issues to Dr. Brenda Wiley and her response or should I say lack of response was "Sorry your hunt was not up to your expectations!! That's it!!! They are riding on their reputation, and I'm sure that will eventually run out. Terrible experience!!! We decided to hunt with them based on recommendation on this Form. They maybe good with Mule deer but not with elk!!! What a waste on money and energy

That's the first negative comment I've ever read on any website about the Wiley's operation. It's also not the first time I've read a completely negative post against an outfitter from a first time poster on a website. How many other sites have you gone on to tear down the NT operation as your first post? Have you ever been on any other guided hunts for anything or was this your first? I was out in Wyoming from the end of August until just last week and some of the time was spent over in Region G for a horseback hunt not too far from where the NT operation hunts. The weather was ridiculously warm the entire two months and definitely negatively affected the elk hunting out there this year. If what you say is true, that sucks, but as a first time poster we have no idea if you are just unhappy that you didn't fill your tag or what you are stating is actually true.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.