Wyoming Check Stations

mikeg1005

My old man and I drew tags for unit 27 this year for antelope in WY.

I'm reading through the regs and they talk about stopping at all check stations you see... called the fish and game and the lady said they don't know where they are since they move around... this lead me to believe that these aren't typical registration stations like you have for deer in WI for example but rather road block type things in random locations... is this correct?

Typically how does it work? Assume you pass one, you stop by tell them where you will hunt, etc, and check in your game once you harvest it and are on your way out of the area.

Thanks in advance.

Three or four of them standing on the side of the road by their trucks. You pull in, shoot the shiit for 20 minutes or so and leave feeling better than before you stopped. Friendliest Game dept employees I have ever met.

I'm with Bob. Never had a problem, friendly courteous people.

They arnt hidden. They usually have signs out when they set up.

Its best not to be in a hurry, the G&F people I've ran into tend to be gabby.

I had one stop by my camp in the Big Horns when he seen I had an elk. He stopped for the blood sample to save me from having to hunt up a drop off spot.

Gabbed about horses for about 2 hours then he helped my load up the elk.

The only contact I've had where I could have been cited was fishing. We had one life jacket and one floatation cushion. Suppose to have two PFD, wearable per person.

He could have given me a ticket, instead he loaned us a PFD so we would have to quit fishing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.