Wyoming

Yep, you're right. I was looking at the draw odds for last year when I made my post and didn't even look in this years pamphlet to see that 2 was dropped. I just went in when I read your post and see that 47 is still like last year though. Good luck! I'm just going to wait until about the first of September and buy a leftover deer tag the way I do every year.

I have hunted alot not far from Cheyenne ....always saw limitless bucks....always got a good one. I drove around and just asked a landowner.....always very politely...always with a promise to never leave a gate open or trash anywhere....and ALWAYS talked so fast to get said all I needed to say to be convincing, before the landowner could say "no". I LOVE WYOMING!!!......now live (gag) in Florida. The biggest bucks I have ever seen were between Baroil (north of Rawlins) and Crooke's Crossing. The worst road I have ever driven in my life was between Baroil and Crooke's crossing. That region is untreed, rolling hills.....approaches would be murder.....maybe that explains my finding "reach-out" spent cartridges like the 240 and 257 Weatherby there. But, I envy your going to WY. If you're near Cheyenne......try the "Little Bear Inn" for great steaks. Whoops...just remembered.....huge bucks north of Green River also.
BTW, about 40 miles west of Rawlins on I-80 is an exit named "Booster Road". At the base of the exit is a small, red-bricked building which contains (I assume) the machinery to "boost" pressure in a pipeline running E-W beneath. Immediately to the south is a ridge ...maybe 50 feet high....on the other side of that ridge (near the top) I found many many stone tools, including "oolite" hand axes. Also....beautiful selenite "roses" ....large and gorgeous crystals of selenite. I also found a petroglyph there...of sandstone .... tried to get the anthropology dept. of Univ. Wyo. interested, but I guess they are overloaded with ancient sites, and rejected my information.

Last edited:
about 1.5 (decades).
But it's still do-able. I would still do it.....but I no longer like the taste of sage-goat.

You might change your tune if you went out there now because it has changed drastically as far as access since I started going out there in 1992.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.