Wyoming 2006 Antelope Buffalobob, Jimm and Co.

Dick,

Thanks a bunch , I will probably do that iffen you are willing as it is extremely aggravating to fight something you had working in the past.

In the meantime I did manage to get Jesses buck to load so here it is . [image]
Wyoming2006153.jpg
[/image]

This is his first Antelope buck , not to slouchy eh ?

Jim B.

Jimm:

Here is Buffalobob's buck and the picture you wanted.
JimmsPicsWyoming2006149Medium.jpg

This is from Jimm's e-mail:
"here is Jim C's buck shot at , heck I cant remember , read Jesses list for that ( around 680 or so )

Clay Spencer bbled and smithed 240 WBY with a Joel Russo stock, a tack driving son of a gun ! Jim C aint a bad driver himself."

I think the list says the distance was 686 yards. Don't want to short him any hard earned yardage. Sure do make a handsome pair don't they. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hello All

I had a great time hunting with Jimm, Jesse and Bryce. Jimm is a smooth talking son of a gun and got us onto some great hunting land a great prices. If you ever need a spotting partner to give you range and wind just call for Jimm.

The first two days were pretty decent as far as wind goes but the last three days we were fighting 20-30mph winds that really played havoc with the bullets.

I was shooting Berger 115 gr match bullets at about 3200fps and was tempted to break out the 7AM with the 2000 grain Wildcats to help fight the winds but in the end the little 240 Wby got the job done.

Abinok

We had a couple of extra seats in the trucks just wating for you.

Roy

I am still down low below the snow, but while I was chasing antelope all my elk moved over into the adjacent valley where the timber is thick and the air is cool. I did not bring a short range elk gun to go in after them. I am a little mystified as to what to do to get them to got back to the scrub brush hillside. When I get done hunting I will be coming out of Idaho going south and maybe if you are not too busy I will give you a call and we can have lunch.

[ QUOTE ]
Jimm is a smooth talking son of a gun

[/ QUOTE ]

Another example of Buffalobobs kindness , cuz I stutter like Mell Tillis and blink at a very rapid rate while doing so . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

All I said wuz " 400 dollars !? , I beg your pardon for interrupting your evening as I am a common laborer and cannot afford such as that . My friends and I have 150 dollars each to pay for tresspass fees for buck antelope " ( this was all true cuz at that time BB wasn't my friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and he isn't a common laborer , as a matter of fact I don't think he labors at all any more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

To sum up all the events and blessings we had out there .........well .I already did it , blessings says it all . And we truly were, blessed , [image]
Wyoming2006231.jpg
[/image]

Cinch ,

Guilty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thats where we were . Wish I had known you were in the area , we could have hooked up . Oh well , maybe next year .

We met a lot of really nice folks while there and had a ever luving ball hunting /shooting antelopes .

Now , you don't happen to have some good mule deer places up that way hmmmm ?

Heres a pic of Bryce's buck , I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif [image]
Wyoming2006163.jpg
[/image]

Holler at me , my email is listed in the personal info section .

Jim B.

[ QUOTE ]
From the camo pics, im guessing Jim C, Bryce and Jessie were crawling around in the dirt, and Jim you were hiding in a flannel bush?
Can't wait to see some more pictures!

[/ QUOTE ]
Okie doke , heres one of a very dedicated suitor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif he would not leave this doe that is as you can see not going anywhere . We drove to within 20 yds of him before he would leave . [image]
Wyoming2006175.jpg
[/image]
So ,you see, camo patterns aren't all that important in the antelope biz , besides its wool , not flannel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim B.

Nice hunt! thanks for photos and story.
Is the meat wagon for rent and does the cleaning crew come with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif thats nice you can get them cooling right away.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the meat wagon for rent and does the cleaning crew come with? thats nice you can get them cooling right away
Wyoming2006168.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry , the meat wagon is currently under obligations in Arkansas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And yes , it is great to get your game in the chill so soon , makes for the best quality there is .

I think the one in this pic took 35 minutes from the sound of the shot to the closing of the freezer lid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Rifle is a sako actioned ,Schneider bbled , GA Precision smithed Browning Safari grade 243 AI. Load was a 107 smk over 41.6 grs of H 4350 , around ( avg ) 3050 fps .

She ran 20 or so yds at a hard run and crashed . Not sure what day this was but shot was around 400 or so . Consult Jesses list at the beginning of this thread and you will get the truth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Jim B [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.