• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: SLSLA (savage large shank long action). Be nice if came w/long&fat 7RUM tube.

Re: WTB: SLSLA (savage large shank long action). Be nice if came w/long&fat 7RUM tub

Deleted! Info being provided does not belong in classifieds !!!

Last edited:
Re: WTB: SLSLA (savage large shank long action). Be nice if came w/long&fat 7RUM tub

I'd still like to know the source of your information. The target actions have a smaller loading/ejection port and many are single shot so they are stronger in a way, but it's behind the locking lugs which doesn't seem to be your concern.

Man, I think my memory is starting to go! I did DID hear that the target actions were only single shot. So it would not be my 1st choice. But I actually WOULD consider it for 2nd option, IF the price was right. But I'm not putting a whole lot of faith in that happening. My 1st choice would be a plain old used large/long action, to build upon. But at this point, it's looking like there simply aren't enough of them out there to find that sort of deal. I wonder if the savage boys (BBN) would be able to help me. I'm not registered there though. Would the savage custom shop sell me a new one, WITHOUT having any custom work or anything done on it? Is there anywhere else where new (or used) ones can be bought?

Update: I finally gave up on trying to find a large shank savage, and went with a new 84300 SS rem. I plan on shooing out the factory bbl first. Then I'll go long/fat.