• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Remington Sendero .223

You will be very happy with what you suggested. I own one and have experimented with bullet weights from 40 to 69 grains. This is the slow twist version and loves 52 grains. Easily shoots 5 into 3/8" consistently. Holds 1/2 MOA easily to 300 yards. About as good as I shoot. No recoil. At 50 grains still very accurate but groups open to 1/2". This is an excellent varmint rifle. I own a number of ARs
With twist rates from 7 to 9 so they like heavier bullets.
From the 700 the sweet load is 21 grains of 4198. Not a speed demon. but a great shooter

Know what you're wanting, but fwiw Remington never made a short-action Sendero per se. The VSSF and 5R models are the closest to what you're looking for, although the stock colors (dark green vs. black), barrel fluting and material, etc. may vary, depending on model or year made. In recent years, there was a run of what was called the VSF: stainless action and 26" fluted barrel, same as the VSSF but in a black Tupperware stock.
IMHO, a perfect Remington for a wife along those general Sendero lines would be the discontinued LVSF (Light Varmint Stainless Fluted.) Has a black pillar-bedded B&C stock and a 22" Rem. magnum-contour barrel. Only trouble is, suddenly everybody now wants one and they tend to go quickly and for high $. Luckily, I got my two in other chamberings on closeout, back when buyers looked at them like redheaded step-children.

i'll trade this one for a scope with zero stop or ranging binos. this is this is a 223 ackley comes with dies. an shoots standard 223's
IMG_7251.JPG

will trade this rifle for a zero stop scope or ranging binos. this rifle is a bull barrel 700 ack. with dies, has a tasco world class plus 5x32x50 with external knobs for easy access,works great on this rifle. bipod an sling not included
IMG_7251.JPG

"Know what you're wanting, but fwiw Remington never made a short-action Sendero per se"

Actually the Sendero was chambered in 300 SAUM for a short time...