• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb long range rifle around $1500

Tombanks

Looking for a rifle for under $1500. I'm open to anything really. I would really like to find something with a spiral barrel and maybe stainless but I'm not dead set on that either. I really just want something that looks good and shoots good to. I want to start shooting some long range and maybe do a few local competitions for fun. Would like to stay in a 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5x47 lapua, 260 but that is negotiable too if it's the right rifle im looking for. Thanks

For 1500, my advice is find a cheap savage rifle as a donor for the action and build. You can build a tack driver for around 1200 bucks. Good thing about savage is no gun smith required.

Interested in an RPR in 6.5 creed? It's a shooter and with 1500 budget
You could get some decent glass for it too. PM if interested.
Thanks

Try that. I use it up to 800m with amazing results. Turnkey with everything including ammo. I'm a righty and use it right handed. It works equally well from either side. The left side bolt works better for me in metallic silhouette matches and when prone. Keeps my fire control hand on the stock. It'll fit your budget and comes with enough stuff to keep you shooting for a good long while.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...y-match-rifle-7mmbr-w-dies-ammo-optic-183905/

Buy a Tikka CTR in 6.5CM for 850.00 and put the rest towards glass.

Ttt still looking

I have a Remington 700 .243, bedded boyds stock with alum block, bolt fluted and bolt knob added, and bedded egw 20 moa base for $850. Have scope rings caps and level available too for additional price and even a ton of reloading stuff. No action work and factory barrel but with factor Hornady ammo shot well. Would be a good entry rifle into Long range shooting.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/remington-700-sp-var-26-243-a-184852/

I have 2 savage 12 lrp's in 6.5 creedmoor, my wife and I shoot. We can put nice groups out to 1285 yards with them and a $600-650 scope. One is a honest 8rd .3 gun, other will put them in a 1/2 inch at 100yards, With handloads...You see them on here and snipers hide for sale used or I bought mine last yr when they had the $100 mail in rebate. Good luck

I have 2 savage 12 lrp's in 6.5 creedmoor, my wife and I shoot. We can put nice groups out to 1285 yards with them and a $600-650 scope. One is a honest 8rd .3 gun, other will put them in a 1/2 inch at 100yards, With handloads...You see them on here and snipers hide for sale used or I bought mine last yr when they had the $100 mail in rebate. Good luck

+1
I bought one of these when they first came out and have loaded for 3 more (all 6.5 creed). All of them are hammers. Mine shoots the 143 gr eld x in the .2's for 7 rounds and all others have shot no worse than 1/2 minute. Shot a 5 shot group the other day that went into 4.5" with just 2" of vertical. Cannot beat them for the price...some customs can't beat them period.

That group was at 1k. Wouldent be very impressive if it was at 100 right! Also each one of the guns shoots the exact same powder charge of H4350, just tweaked seating depth a little on each. 2 of the 4 shoot of the EXACT same load lights out.