WTB lathe for barrel work

terryede

Anybody know of a lathe needing a good home somewhereclose to Montana? Trying to get set up and learn to do my own barrels. Thanks a bunch guys.

You'll have to beat me :D:D Seriously though MT sucks for finding a lathe that isn't hashed and if you do you'll have to give up your first born to get it. I've had one chance at a good one, new in fact that never got used and I missed it by two hours on Craigs list :rolleyes:
I do know of something that may be coming up but I won't have the budget since the hospital got into my pockets bad, if you don't mind what's your budget?

Don't mind at all. I appreciate any help I can get. Right now if I don't find one soon I am going to order the larger one from Grizzly. With shipping I beleive it will run around $4,600. So I guess I won't want one for any more than that. Thanks for any info you might have. Terry

I'll PM ya if I find anything out! I was going to pull the trigger on a Grizzly but some guys told me to look at the Precision Matthews and I'm going to get one of them instead, they spec out the same or better than the Grizzly, the thing that really got me was they have a better speed range and a little better price and free shipping and DRO installed!! Two year warranty also.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.