Lathe For Sale

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by olcrip, Dec 9, 2012.

1. olcrip

olcrip Well-Known Member

For Sale Pratt-Whitney 14 in engine lathe with bunches of tooling in the $1700.00 dollar range or best offer. Lathe must go. Need room in garage for the car. Make me an offer I can't refuse! Email or PM me. Can post pics. Thanks.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/a.../olcrip/PICT0380.jpg

2. rflemens

rflemens Member

Hello, can you send some pics. I can't get the photobucket link to work

3. olcrip

olcrip Well-Known Member

4. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful old machine !!!!

I would restore It and keep it if it were mine.

It would make someone a great hobby lathe and a good way to start machining.

J E CUSTOM

5. olcrip

olcrip Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement but I just don't have the space to keep it. It must go to the best offer. At this time I would take most anything to get it gone. It is belt driven by a Vee drive 5 HP 210 volt single phase electric motor. Easily wired anywhere.

I thank you for your kind comments sir.

6. Bigstrap3

Bigstrap3 Well-Known Member

Dear sir what is the distance between centers for this lathe? ie is this a 14x40 or 36 or what. thanks hope you dont mind the question

7. olcrip

olcrip Well-Known Member

The lathe is 36 inches between centers. Make me an offer, please.

Thank you for your interest.

8. jamminjames

jamminjames Member

still have the lathe for sale? And if so, where are you located? I am a retired tool & die maker, looking to start gunsmithing in central florida...........James

9. olcrip

olcrip Well-Known Member

I still have the lathe. I live in Moline, Illinois. I have moved it outside and have it tarped. If you want the lathe I would allow you $700.00 transportation costs. I need to get it gone and feel very guilty for moving it outside, like an old friend, she deserves better. Let me know your thoughts on the idea please. You can email me
    waltzn@aol.com

I must attend my car club annual banquet tonight but will be home all day Sunday. I'm battling a heart condition and neeed what ever I can raise to defray medical expenses.
    My cell phone is 309 269 0165. Be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Walt