Would you buy?

N2Fire2003

So came across a new Cooper 7mm rem mag for a good price or well fair price it seems. The rifle is at a small gun dealer and was actually made in 2019. I am debating on purchasing it, however there is some hesitation. With the sale of cooper one reasonably can't rely on any warranty work if is needed. From what I understand it could be over a year before nighthawks even starts building rifles. I have also seen where several people have commented on their announcement about warranty repairs if needed and there was no response. This leads me to believe if you currently own a Cooper rifle you are out of luck. So the question is, WOULD YOU?

IF YOU want IT, make an Offer 10% Lower than Asking price and see,.. IF, they "Bite" !
Guns are Traded In to Dealers for LOTS of Reasons,.. ALL, the Time !
Just, Look closely for,.. WEAR ( If, they say, "as New" there will Be,.. NO, wear ! ).
I traded in, a very accurate, Rem 700, 7 MM Mag. just because, it HAD, a 26" Barrel and was about, a 1/2 a Pound +, heavier than, a Tikka !
Coopers are, usually,.. VERY Nice Rifles LOOK Great, and, shoot,.. "well" !
Make Friend's with, a Reasonably Priced, Gunsmith, Just,.. in case !

Last edited:
So came across a new Cooper 7mm rem mag for a good price or well fair price it seems. The rifle is at a small gun dealer and was actually made in 2019. I am debating on purchasing it, however there is some hesitation. With the sale of cooper one reasonably can't rely on any warranty work if is needed. From what I understand it could be over a year before nighthawks even starts building rifles. I have also seen where several people have commented on their announcement about warranty repairs if needed and there was no response. This leads me to believe if you currently own a Cooper rifle you are out of luck. So the question is, WOULD YOU?
If you are going to reload to the most out of the gun this would void most warranties. That said given what a Cooper cost you should not expect to need warranty work. Small adjustment may cost less with a local smith than the price of shipping it back. If you like the look and are happy with the 7mm rem mag. why not get it. Would be interested in other thoughts.

You haven't said how much the rifle is. Some things are worth a gamble. If the cost of the rifle is going to break your bank account then no don't buy it! If it is disposable income then take a chance and buy it. Chances are you will love it. If not no harm done. It just becomes a project rifle. Sometimes a rifle becomes a learning experience and if at the end I learned something then it was worth the cost and leads to the next rifle which is the one I really wanted all along.
I will buy Montana Rifle Co in left hand any time I see one, even though they are out of business and there is no warranty. There really is not much to go wrong that a barrel change won't fix.