How would you spend $1500??

I'm very interested in 6.5x284 right now
Same here, I love my creedmoor, but the extra oomph the 6.5x284 gives makes me want to try it on elk.

My idea of a perfect 6.5x284 would be a lightweight mountain rifle setup. Scoped right at 7 lbs.

24 inch sporter barrel, B&C alaskan, topped with a leupold 4.5-14 without turrets. Use it on elk out to 400 yards. Man i wish i had more money!

Man!!! That's a great buy! I'm partial to 7 mags but I'm very interested in 6.5x286 right now.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!! Keep em coming.

Tony

Im currently running a factory savage 110 in 6.5x284, I believe it's the predator hunter model. With Berger 140 hand loads it does .4" groups at 100 and .75" groups with factory loaded nosler ammo. The furthest I've shot it was 450yards but I got a 2" group shooting off a bi-pod from the roof of my truck. I have been super impressed with the accuracy of this gun out of the box. It's not the lightest hunting rifle I own but it's been a tack driver on the cheap.

I'm running badger one piece 20moa base, badger rings and a trident tactical stock pack to help with cheek weld.

Two years ago I paid
708$ for rifle on GB
120$ base
150$ rings
45Ish$ stock pack

I'm with the previous poster on the 700 Long range. You can get it in 300 wm or 7 mag. Have it bedded and put an timney trigger on it and have a good brake put on it. You'll have lots of money left over for ammo. Or you can take it out and shoot it and if you're not satisfied with how it shoots you can have it re-barreled. It's not as cool as a full custom rifle....but I'll bet you have to shoot it a whole lot until the rifle is what holds you back.

Buy a trued r700 action, probable around 500$. Then get a good barrel benchmark, bartlein, lilja.....in your choice of caliber and contour. B&c stock. Done

Ok....it looks like I am playing this game for real. I bought a 700 ADL varmint special in 243 on black friday weekend. I have since put on a weaver extended slotted base. It has a new B&C stock and new bottom metal from ebay and I just ordered a set of Burris Xtreme 30mm rings and a Vortex Viper HST 4x16x44scope. With some good deals that keeps me well under $1500. I have tuned the trigger and it seems pretty decent. The next step is to to glass bed the recoil lug and mount the scope. Should be a good little rifle. With the 1500 budget I could probably still put a timney trigger in and stay under $1500.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.