Woof scouting begins

royinidaho

Where's the Woof?
YS-Wolf.jpg

At far edge of water behind old dead log laying horizontal at water's edge.. Right where the light wood and dark wood meet. Facing right.

Did you take the pic???

That one is pretty safe.

But only because its in Yellowstone.:(

Had to see what one looks like in the woods.

I sure hope I can see one @ LR and the sucker holds for a shot.:)

I suppose the same stop and hold sounds used for yotes would work.

I'm also suspecting that after the first couple seasons they will get pretty savvy.

This is really exciting. I found him, but only after doing an autocorrect in the image editing software ...

I used to love those pictures in the magazine with the hard to find deer in them.

Wonder how long it will take the pack to start hunting the hunters?

I'm thinking a fully auto M16 and a few 30 round magazines may be a good choice for a backup gun while wolf hunting .... just kidding. :D

Dogdinger,

Here's a start. Verified several times by archery buddy. He says its ok to post. Shot opportunities were LRH even for a rifle.

Launch goggle earth.

search for Copper Basin Idaho.

That will put you smack on the landing strip. Yep you can fly in. But you need a shuttle vehicle;) and with good tires. The roads in that area cut the heck out of tires. Several tourists stranded every summer traveling from Arco to Sun Valley due to zooming along and getting tires slashed.

The air strip is only a reference point.

Get the topo map for the area and locate Holly Mountain.

Arco and Copper Basin are in Butte County.

That's the place! There's a really large black one there.

Be careful with target selection. Ya don't want to shoot a yote. They are an endangered species around here.:D:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.