Wolves delisted in Montana and Idaho !! Shooting starts 2007!!

ol mike

Just did a little reading -associated press --it's true.
Wyoming is getting squared away on controlling them also.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif --ol mike

Mike, I see that you're moving out west, any tips on how to convince the wife we need to move to WY. I like watching the deer an antelope play but she wants to stay in WI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yotefever
I moved from SE Mn to Casper Wy a year and a half ago.The wife was not real impressed with moving that far to a desert! The weather is a good selling point though,less humidity/rain,cooler nights in the summer and warmer winters with a lot less snow!!
Bring your check book though cause we went from a 50K house to a 150K house and we where lucky to find one!!Everybody wants to live out west and are paying dearly for it.A nice place near the mountain is gona start at ½ mil and go up from there,way up in most cases!
The upside is 2000+ yard shooting and all the varmints you can stand,I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
To keep this on topic its good to see they are delisting the wolf,it should have ben done sooner!!! A protected predator is a recipe for disaster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I hope WI is watching this and take notes. I've called in a few so far, just waiting for the season to open /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just hunted in the Casper area, lots of nice people there, very helpful. Can't wait until next year.

From yesterday's paper. Idaho/Montana/NE Corner of Utah/Part of Oregon/Washington?? will be delisted. WY will be just a little behind. "They" had a good meeting w/WY the other day and made progress.

I think WY's problem is that they want to treat them like coyotes outside of Yellowstone and Glacier......

[ QUOTE ]
I think WY's problem is that they want to treat them like coyotes outside of Yellowstone and Glacier......

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yotefever ,

Take the wife on a vacation and secretly have the house sold and your belongings on the way to wyoming.

It's expensive out west all right i looked through a real estate brochure while in casper last fall.A trailer on .9 acre $109,950.<<---Kind of makes you sick to see stuff like that.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to me most of the desert stuff ain't pretty.I've lived in the south since i was 21 -46 now and just want to be able to see something besides beachs and pine trees w/a house every five feet.

Roy ,you're right wyoming is wanting to treat the wolves like pd's/coyotes.

How do you guys think hunting them will work ?
Like a tag system for big game type thing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothin'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How do you guys think hunting them will work ?
Like a tag system for big game type thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident it will be some kind of a trophy hunt thing. Pretty much like moose.

I gather that the total number of packs will be reduced significantly. WE'll just have to wait and see.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts