Widening Barrel Channel on Stock

jlarose85

I've got a Bergara Premier Approach that I eventually want to rebarrel with a shorter barrel, likely a Proof Sendero. Wondering how you go about widening the barrel channel on the stock since the Proof is a bigger profile to remain free floated. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

The stock is a Grayboe Terrain. That's what Bergara used on this model so it's a fiberglass stock. I don't have access to an end mill so using the sandpaper would be my only DIY route if I decide to do that. I'd imagine the smith that's going to chamber and thread the barrel might have something that would work.

The stock is a Grayboe Terrain. That's what Bergara used on this model so it's a fiberglass stock. I don't have access to an end mill so using the sandpaper would be my only DIY route if I decide to do that. I'd imagine the smith that's going to chamber and thread the barrel might have something that would work.
i'd just let the smith do it while he had everything to re-barrel. i would think they would have a mill.

i'd just let the smith do it while he had everything to re-barrel. i would think they would have a mill.

That's likely what I'll do. I was just wondering if there was a DIY approach to widening that thing out.

Appreciate the responses!

DSCF1088.JPG
DSCF1310.JPG

That's likely what I'll do. I was just wondering if there was a DIY approach to widening that thing out.

Appreciate the responses!
If you were just wanting to remove a small amount, a manual method might work. However, for your wants a machine is the best method to maintain uniformity. Just my opinion. Good luck.