Why Doesn't Berger make a Bonded Bullet??

Your entitled to all kinds of opinions but that give you no right beyond that, we don't have the right to troll which is exactly what he's been working on, we don't have the right to talk *Rule 1 Violation*s, religion or general politics which you managed to have to bring in.

It's a lack of respecting Len and his forum, this is long range hunting and as some pointed out that maybe only a few hundy but there are some that's a mile, the close range guy should not detract from a longer range guys hunt just as a guy who has the capability beyond others should not put down a guy who is at his level. I don't go on a regular hunting forum and troll, why do they seem to need to troll here, there is zero intent to engage the forum beyond opinion splaying!!
Your entitled to all kinds of opinions but that give you no right beyond that, we don't have the right to troll which is exactly what he's been working on, we don't have the right to talk *Rule 1 Violation*s, religion or general politics which you managed to have to bring in.

It's a lack of respecting Len and his forum, this is long range hunting and as some pointed out that maybe only a few hundy but there are some that's a mile, the close range guy should not detract from a longer range guys hunt just as a guy who has the capability beyond others should not put down a guy who is at his level. I don't go on a regular hunting forum and troll, why do they seem to need to troll here, there is zero intent to engage the forum beyond opinion splaying!!

I just responded likewise to Timber but I will respond again since you quoted me. YES the guy DID go off topic but I don't think that he was "Trolling" and keep in mind that I am the member who started this thread....it did't bother me and I certainly don't think that he was being "Disrespectful" to Len. I am curious as to why you would think that. If he DID violate the rule's of this/Len's Forum then I would imagine that Len will admonish him himself, as he should with any of us who have been here for years. I'm here since 2008 and I remember seeing much worse.

Again, keeping in mind what he said, I DO see where you and some of the other guys are coming from since this IS a Long Range site.

Anyway...we have all gone way off topic so I'm done with arguing about it.

Just putting in my 2 cents like the rest of you/us anonymous members;)

The bonding process reduces accuracy, they have addresses this year's ago along with the same reason for not making a tipped bullet.
For me a bonded Berger would ruin what makes them the most lethal and consistent long range bullet many of us have used, there are choices out there, when every manufacture tries making the same stuff usually the product suffers across the board, they make thee most accurate production bullet that is crazy lethal because they stick to those higher standards.
Couldn't have said it better!! Shoot better shoot Berger!

I wish they would do a bonded version as well. I love the Berger products, but I will not purposefully shot shoulders with them. I wait for a good vitals shot, and with this shot they are extremely lethal.

I have shot or see 1st hand, 2 mulies and 4 cow elk shot with Bergers from 40yrds to 350yrds. All the animals got hit through the vital, and not through heavy bone. All 6 went down in less than 40 yards.

That said, I am sure at some point I will have to pass on an animal that doesn't present a non-shoulder shot, and that will upset me to miss an opportunity. I have started exploring Barnes TTSX in a couple calibers because of this.

I have wondered about a similar question as well. Not just about Berger, but really any of the ultra-high BC bullet makers. For example the Hornady ELDx line... Why not make make them bonded? Or why not make a ultra high BC bullet designed after the partition? I bet people would pay a huge premium for bullets like this if they shot as well as the Berger Hybrids, or Hornady ELDx's and were bonded or had a partition.

federal edge tlr.

168 Berger VLD-H @ 2820 out of a 308 win
Impact was around 80 yards

Attachments

• 87C00102-20B4-4806-88DD-F74EDCF0A453.jpeg
    87C00102-20B4-4806-88DD-F74EDCF0A453.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 108
I shoot both bonded and Berger. What's wrong with me?;) I specifically like bonded inside 500 since I have no trouble getting them to shoot accurately to at LEAST to 500 but do like the increased accuracy of Berger beyond 500 which is farther than vast majority of my kills. In Indiana, rifle is allowed on private land so you do get to reach out a bit on large farm tracts that have hedgerows containing the fields but even then probably no more than 500 at any given time. Killed nice buck this year with 300WM 200AB but was ONLY 270 yards but 12 ring hit so he didn't go very far and the blood trail in the cut corn from complete blow through was incredible. I kind of look at it that we rarely just use one rifle for everything so why would you use just one bullet when one might be just a little better for task at hand? Plus the fun of load development and shooting that goes along with it?

Is that an exit hole?

That's the exit. Fist sized. He was facing me almost head on with a slight angle. He was chasing a couple of does. After the shot he jumped and kicked his back legs and crashed around for maybe 20 yards.

Attachments

• 6A688566-0F60-4116-98A3-58F29728A950.jpeg
    6A688566-0F60-4116-98A3-58F29728A950.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 109
I shoot both bonded and Berger. What's wrong with me?;) I specifically like bonded inside 500 since I have no trouble getting them to shoot accurately to at LEAST to 500 but do like the increased accuracy of Berger beyond 500 which is farther than vast majority of my kills. In Indiana, rifle is allowed on private land so you do get to reach out a bit on large farm tracts that have hedgerows containing the fields but even then probably no more than 500 at any given time. Killed nice buck this year with 300WM 200AB but was ONLY 270 yards but 12 ring hit so he didn't go very far and the blood trail in the cut corn from complete blow through was incredible. I kind of look at it that we rarely just use one rifle for everything so why would you use just one bullet when one might be just a little better for task at hand? Plus the fun of load development and shooting that goes along with it?

I would say that you are a smart guy who chooses his bullet based on the situation and not blind brand loyalty;)

At the end of October I shot a big boar at around 200 yards in the shoulder. He ran off with a limp. Couldn't find a drop of blood.
What caliber ? An old boar hog is a tough customer , especially on a shoulder shot. They are notorious for bleeding on the inside only with that thick gristle plate on a shoulder hit too. That's a tough test for any bullet.
EDIT.... I guess you shot the boar with the 308 too ?

What caliber ? An old boar hog is a tough customer , especially on a shoulder shot. They are notorious for bleeding on the inside only with that thick gristle plate on a shoulder hit too. That's a tough test for any bullet.
EDIT.... I guess you shot the boar with the 308 too ?

I did.

Sounds like the bullet didn't make it past the shield and into the chest cavity.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.