Who uses push-button flush cup style of sling swivels?

Followup question....

For those who use flush cups, do you install on the bottom or on the sides?

I install mine on the sides.

By the way, when I see the traditional studs being used on the rear/bottom of the stock by a shooter in the field with a rear bag....I just shudder to think of the bumping conflict with the rear bag that must kill accuracy sometimes.

I am about to move forward with promoting their use by my rifle customers and to counsel them as to the availability as they are building a rifle with me.

I want my super accurate rifles to shoot as well as they can and not be limited by the old style of stud. gun)

I run all mine on the bottom of the stock. I always have the front one held back 3" from forend to allow the mounting of a rail for an atlas bipod.

When at all possible the flush cups always go on the bottom. That side thing is a real pain.

As my bipod is solid mounted through the front sling stud nut the sling attaches to both sides of the upper most point of the bipod. The rear is most always a flush cup.

Makes packing heavier rigs quite simple.

I recently purchased a Mcmillian Rem Hunter from OTM. They order Manners and Mcmillians with flush cups on the side and one stud up front. I had never seen the set up before but so far I like it.

Jay

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.