Who makes the best action?

After much searching and pondering I think I'm going to just buy a Semi-Custom from
Masterpiece Arms. They use good components and give a .375 accuracy guarantee. In Stock!
I see too many nice Full Customs here and on other sites that languish and fail
to recoup 65% of the original selling price. Too much time and money invested to
lose out! I can get the MPA BA for just under 3 K delivered! All I would do to it is swap the TT trigger it comes with for a Bix N Andy and shoot it! When you start adding parts up for a custom you get to 3000 before you even have a Smith? Heck the action alone will use up 1/2 of the 3K by itself! I'm getting this one..
https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-6547ba-bolt-action-rifle/

Last edited:
I have the same rifle in 338LM but it has a Rebel action? It might not be a Cadillac
action but it's not a Smart Car either? It shoots better than I do!
I bought it because of Kentucky's .270 min. Elk Caliber if a .30 Carbine is legal that 338LM should be plenty!

but it has a Rebel action?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Defiance Rebel action. It doesn't take second place to any of the actions makers. Sure BAT gets all the accolades by the benchrest and some of the ELR folks but for the daily shooter, PRS shooters and hunters the Rebel is an excellent action!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Defiance Rebel action. It doesn't take second place to any of the actions makers. Sure BAT gets all the accolades by the benchrest and some of the ELR folks but for the daily shooter, PRS shooters and hunters the Rebel is an excellent action!
A Rebel is one of my favorite actions. I like them better than a BAT.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.