Who makes a heavyweight .277" High-BC Match-Style bullet?

Good idea!

This otta work! A flagrant high jack.;)

Have you heard of or been to the "trinity islands" south of Kodiak?

I'd like to know what goes on there.

Almost went there one time to gather cattle but the deal fell through.

;);)

Thumbs up to that Roy... I'm game. light bulb

I believe those islands are what I know as Sitkinak Island. Never been there but I have a friend who spent some time on Sitkinak as a watchman many years ago.

What goes on there is the wind blows. Then it blows some more. And then it blows even more. You may have been fortunate that the cattle deal fell through.

Yes, I understand there were commercial cattle farms operating there in the past. At the same time cattle farming was tried out on neighboring Kodiak Island. The advantage with Sitkinak is I don't think they had the brown bear problems there like they had on Kodiak. In fact, I don't think there are any (or many) brown bear on Sitkinak. I don't hear of anyone hunting deer or brown bear on Sitkinak (or the other Trinity Islands).

The USCG used to have a Loran or some other type of station out there, but they've mothballed it now that everyone's converted to GPS navigation.

But neighboring Kodiak Island is great fun for a sportsman. Brown bear and blacktail deer are the primary big game opportunities. Some mountain goats. I've pestered the brown bear, blacktails, and fox. In addition there are also ptarmigan, snowshoe hares, some feral reindeer, a butt-load of fox (silver, cross, and red varieties), and then all the marine wildlife. Good fishing also for salmon and halibut.

The weather on Kodiak can be pretty knarly also. You must always be prepared for wind and rain, while in the mean time, enjoying any nice weather experienced.

Here's to hoping this thread ends on a more positive note. ;)

well now dangit roy i just thought i made a good point and here you go hijackin!!;)

personnally i dont know where the heck your talking about but if i ever go to kodiak island it wont be for cattle. im thinking more like a big 338 and something brown and hairy with beady black eyes and attitude

Cattle Ranch on Sitkinak Island, AK

Sitkinak Island

Roy, I was wrong. There evidently is still a family ranching cattle on Sitkinak, one of the three Trinity Islands. You can check it out on the above link, if interested. Some nice photos of the Island.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.