Who makes this bullet?

I couldn't get the link to work. about 12 - 15 years ago i took a tour of Sierra Bullets. They had these bins of seconds and I picked up a few thousand in the various sizes I wanted. all boat tails. I weighed them and the farthest they were out was consistantly less than 3 grains. often right at 1% or so. I wished that i had bought 1000's more because I used them all up years ago.

My guess would be Sierra. The BT heel looks similar. Also, Sierra builds for Federal so having a PP and a cannelure would not be out of the question.

JD338

THey appear in all aspects to be Hornady, and if the plastic tiped ones are any clue that is what they are. THey might have been part of a run for a factory loaded bullet which has been discontinued. THey will not let on if you call and ask, I've tried that. I have purchased the blems from them several years now and they have worked well for general hunting loads and are gret for practice. Most are identicle to the Hornady line in a side by side comparison. They weigh out pretty decent as well. The only thing I have fond through they years is a few messed up tips here and there on the plastic inserts, or some discoloration on the jackets.

I just purchased some of the exact ones you posted, about a month ago. Out of 250 that I weighed,on a digital scale, they went from 139.65 - 139.90, with the majority going 139.85.

The others I have purchased with the plastic tips, have shot pretty consistantly and killed every hog I have shot with them in several calibers. These are the sort of bullets I like to shoot them with in the first place, as we shoot so many through the year. Leaves me with a good supply of the higher priced or premium bullets for deer.

there isn't a cantelure on Sierra bullets so I would suspect Nosler or Hornandy. I'mm glad you came up with that site I'm going to buy something from them.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.