Whne Can We Get our Hands on Cool Military Tech?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Troutslayer, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Troutslayer

Troutslayer Well-Known Member

So I befriended a former scout sniper who was in Afganistahn. We talked about shooting a bunch and he told me that they were using a tool that integrated a spotting scope, rangefinder, and ballistics software into one unit that would give you a MOA for a round that was programmed into it based on all of the things that you would normally have to enter into ballistics software program (or do on paper). Anybody know what this thing is called and when we might be able to buy one?

2. DesertDiesel

DesertDiesel Well-Known Member

Yea,

It's called Cheytac.

3. adam330

adam330 Well-Known Member

I think barret makes this unit and i believe it is called something like BORS?

4. James H

James H Well-Known Member

5. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

The BORS doesn't have a range finder or spotting scope built in and it doesn't display MOA.

6. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

I seen it on the military channel. :)

7. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

They had it on Shooting USA (outdoor channel on wednesdays) also. Pretty cool but really expencive.

8. piutemike

piutemike Well-Known Member

Troutslayer, If you want to get your hands on cool military technology I would suggest joining the Marine Corps or joining the Army. It won't cost you a dime and you can handle all the cool military technology your heart desires.