White tail back from taxidermist!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by remingtonman_25_06, May 29, 2006.

1. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I finally got a call from my taxidermist saying to come on down and pick up my white tail. I didn't exactly have the $425 for it, so as of right now, its my parents, and I'll make payments till its mine. I thought I would take a couple pics and put them up here. It is a 4x4, but his 3rd or 4ths, dont know which, are only about 2 inches long. Other then that, I have no problems with the buck, by far the largest I have ever seen out in the woods, even more fortunate to have him on my wall!
    [​IMG]

2. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

NICE BUCK - Congratulations.

In my neck of the woods that buck would be a 10 pointer and a nice one at that. You will enjoy showing him off for many years.

3. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Good buck Remmy!!

[ QUOTE ]
    In my neck of the woods that buck would be a 10 pointer and a nice one at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. I don't consider myself an easterner, but those western boys and their 4x4 or 4 point business on deer just baffles me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i think most westerners would call it a 5 pt. looks like a nice buck no matter which side of the river you're on.

5. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Very nice 4-point! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif A whitetail of that size is truely a trophy.

6. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Beautiful Deer

7. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

I would agree with Dave, That is a nice 5x5 in my neck of the woods.

If it is an inch long, it counts for score. If it counts for score its counts as a point. Especially on whitetail, for mule deer where very little of a bucks score or even character comes from the G-1s but with whitetail, a good whitetail will get you 10 to 20" of score just in their eye guards alone. I think that is worthy of recognition in the tine count, eastern or western!!

One western boys opinion.

Kirby Allen(50)

8. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

It Surely is a beauty! I wouldn't mind one like that!

Cameras just don't like taking pictures of white background so here's a little photo adjustment.

Congrats. It's a nice one!

[​IMG]